The night of awesomeness formerly known as Clips of Faith is back! Now called Clips Beer and Film Tour, this is one of AoB’s biggest events, raising funds, creating bike-friendly entertainment, and, most importantly, encouraging more people to ride their city. We can’t make it happen without you. Here’s a word from Volunteer Coordinator (and Queen of Awesome), Rachel:
Are you interested in helping make Clips Film and Beer Tour run smoothly in 2013? I am writing to ask you if you would like to be a volunteer manager or a regular volunteer. Read below and let me know if you are interested!
- The basics: Asheville on Bikes and New Belgium Brewery are hosting Clips Film and Beer tour on Friday September 6th. Volunteer shift is long– 6:00pm-11:00pm–and it includes training, setup, actual event, and break down. You will get fed during this time.
- Perks: T-shirt and beers after shift, as well as food before event begins. There is also a NBB meeting for volunteer mangers the night before that will have food/beer.
- Info: Check out this PDF for volunteer descriptions and history of New Belgium (it is a fun, quick read). Also check out New Belgium’s site.
- TIPS alcohol serving training: 18 volunteers will need to be TIPS trained. TIPS is good for 3 years.
We’re also looking for a few folks to be volunteer managers. You’ll oversee others doing the same work as you, and will need to attend a brief meeting the night before (Thursday, Sept 5).
We need volunteer managers and volunteers for the following areas:
- Set up (earlier hours 10-4)
- Break down (later hours 9:30-12) we need non drinkers for this job please
- Beer serving, AoB promoting, Beer Gypsies, Tokens/wristbands, Beer School, Lips Of Faith Taste Test Competition, Fun and Games ( event hours 6-11)
I look forward to hearing from you all either way! Other interested parties? Send em my way!
To learn more, or to sign up for a volunteer shift, please contact Rachel (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please be sure to include your top two choices for volunteer duties and shift times. Thank you for your continued support–when you show, we grow!