Get ready for the best virtual event on two wheels!
Who: Asheville on Bikes is thrilled to partner with the Bicycle Film Festival to celebrate their 20th anniversary and bring this international event to Asheville for the first time!
When: June 4 – 14.
Where: The event will be streamed this year due to pandemic restrictions, but we look forward to hosting an in-person event in the future. Sliding scale tickets can be purchased here. Proceeds from sales support the mission and work of Asheville on Bikes.
Why: A portion of all ticket sales goes to support the work of Asheville on Bikes. BFF Asheville #2 is presenting an international selection of the most important short films from the BFF collection. A diverse curation of filmmaking styles: narratives, documentaries, international award-winning filmmakers, and emerging directors all share equal billing. See an authentic and raw glimpse into:
- A relationship in 3 minutes
- Cycling as a response to knife crime epidemic in London
- A love between a father and his young BMX-rider son (produced by Lebron James)
- A brief history of the bicycle
- The incredibly stunning and thrilling view of the annual Tour De Rwanda
- The story of Julian Molina, the beloved, full-throttle one-legged cyclist
- First female BMX competition at a major sporting event
- A portrait of Bike Rides For Black Lives
- The story of Leo Rodgers
- Access to education is opened up to young female students in Kenya after receiving bicycles
How: A ticket allows you to view the 90-minute film festival from 6:00 pm EST June 4 to 11:59 pm June. 14. You can stream it on your computer, tablet, or smart TV by simply clicking on the emailed link 15 minutes before the opening date and time. Ticket prices are “sliding scale”, and everyone has access to the same content. You can choose to view the films all in one sitting or at your own pace, entirely from the comfort and safety of your home.