Or tempeh-up, for you bikin’ vegetarians out there. From the French Broad River MPO‘s website:
Have you ever considered taking a class to improve your confidence and safety in riding a bicycle on the road? HealthyBuncombe, in partnership with Asheville Bicycle and Pedestrian Task Force, Blue Ridge Bicycle Club and Asheville on Bikes will be holding a variety of classes to help beginner and more experienced cyclists learn new valuable skills:
2013 Class Dates
- March 9th Traffic Skills 101 (10 AM-4 PM). This traffic skills course gives cyclists the confidence they need to ride safely and legally in traffic or on the trail. The course covers bicycle safety checks, fixing a flat, on-bike skills and crash avoidance techniques and includes a student manual. Recommended for adults and children above age fourteen, this fast-paced, course prepares cyclists for a full understanding of vehicular cycling. Traffic Skills 101 is a six-hour course and is a prerequisite to becoming an LCI Instructor.
- April 13th Confident Commuter Class (10 AM-1 PM)
- May 11th Traffic Skills 101 (10 AM-4 PM)
- June 8th Confident Commuter Class (10 AM-1 PM)
- July 13 Traffic Skills 101 (10 AM-4 PM)
- August 10 Confident Commuter Class (10 AM-1 PM)
Contact BuncombeBikeEd@gmail.com to register. Classes will be held if at least 3 people register by Thursday prior to the class.
- $20 for Traffic Skills 101
- $10 for Confident Commuter Class
- Youth 12-16 pay half-price
- Scholarships available upon request
You can prepay by sending a payment via Paypal to BuncombeBikeEd@gmail.com or bring payment (cash or check) to class.
The classes will be held at the YWCA, Downtown Asheville, 185 S French Broad Ave– Multi-purpose room.
Bring your bicycle in working order, helmet, water bottle and snacks. Bike lock might be helpful to lock up your bicycle during the classroom session.
Our instructors are certified to teach by the League of American Bicyclists, and volunteer their time.
Other learnin’ opportunities:
Interested in a Lunch-and-Learn at Your Workplace?
If you have several coworkers who might be interested in a brief overview of bicycle commuting, we might be available for a one-hour lunch and learn. Contact us at email@example.com to schedule.
NC Bicycle Commuter Guide
Provided courtesy of Asheville Bike Ped Task Force, see the document here.