Get those costumes ready: the 12th Annual Pumpkin Pedaller is coming October 26th, 2019
The 2019 Pumpkin Pedaller is set for Saturday, Oct 26th at New Belgium Brewing. Join hundreds of costumed riders and fill the streets and greenways of Asheville’s downtown and neighborhoods. This year, we have three route options for all ages and levels of riders, plus a brand new addition: Motion Makers will be hosting a bike demo of Yuba Electric Cargo Bicycles. It’s FREE, so come on out!
Pumpkin Pedaller ’19 Schedule of Events
- 2:30pm – Gather at New Belgium Brewing (21 Craven St., Asheville, NC 28806)
- Also at 2:30pm -NEW! Yuba Electric Cargo Bicycle Demonstration with Motion Makers. Ogle, swoon, and test ride one for yourself!
- 3:00pm – All-ages roll around New Belgium’s event grounds
- 3:15pm – Main rides roll out. Choose your route!
- 5:00pm – Culmination Party at New Belgium
- Costume contest winner announced
- Bicycle gear raffle
- Beer & food trucks on site
- Live music
- Tons of fun!
Choose from 3 route options plus an optional Ghoulish Grounds climb! Costumes encouraged!
- All-ages roll around New Belgium Brewing event space
- 1 mile loop through the River Arts District
- 7 mile route which just touches in North Asheville
- 11 mile route featuring Reed and Glenn Creek Greenways
- Optional Ghoulish Grounds Climb
- View maps & routes on RideWithGPS
All routes interconnect—just like our community! We encourage participants to review and pre-ride the routes to best match the route with their riding abilities. All rides (except the all ages roll around) take place on active and open streets, so make decisions accordingly.
Volunteer for route marking, pedal patrol, and more!
Our incredible volunteers are the secret sauce to all of our AoB community rides. For Pumpkin Pedaller, we have lots of fun roles to choose from. Just fill out and submit this easy form to sign up for a volunteer position.
Past Pumpkin Pedaller Photos
Thank you to all the riders, volunteers, and AoB’s donors and sponsors for 10 great years of Pumpkin Pedaller!