Watch the archived footage from our 2020 Primary Forum on Transportation
Our event was streamed live by the talented team at Sunshine Request and our program had 3 sections:
- Part 1, Each Candidate three minutes to speak
- Not recorded: Each candidate at a table talking to constituents
- Part 2: Candidates return to the mic to discuss what they learned
Thank you for all who participated! It was great to have a packed room and see such a strong push for change to our infrastructure.
Summary of our event
One of the most effective ways to enact positive change in our everyday lives is to engage in dialogue with our representatives in government at the city and county level. Every election cycle, Asheville on Bikes holds public candidate forums to discuss current issues in transportation policy with those running for city council.
Below are links to events, candidate Q&A, and other information surrounding these candidate forums.
2020 Asheville Election Candidate Transportation Forums
- Updated 2/25: 2020 General election candidate questionnaire responses
- 2020 Get There Asheville Candidate Forum Event Information
- Coming Soon: 2020 General election candidates forum
- 2020 Asheville on Bikes Policy Positions
2017 Asheville City Council Election Candidate Forums
- 2017 Asheville City Council and Mayoral Candidate Q&A
- “Step Right Up” Primary Candidate Forum on Transportation, September 25, 2017
- “Get There Asheville” General Election Transportation Forum, October 26, 2017