The Fletcher Flyer returns for its twelfth year this weekend with new routing and a new (and delicious!) start and end point: Oskar Blues Brewery in Brevard! AoB volunteers will staff one of the rest stops, and we invite you to join us. Team In Training will be riding the full century; come on out and support cancer survivors and their allies as they raise money to fund cancer research!
- Where: Meet up at Fletcher Community Park in Fletcher, NC (about 20 minutes south of Asheville). A shuttle will take volunteers to our rest stop.
- When: Sunday, June 1. Volunteers needed 8:30am-12:30pm and 12-
- Why: Because beautiful day, great ride, wonderful people.
- How: Email AoB board member Matt Fusco to sign up. You’ll need to provide your name, sock size, and whether you prefer a vegetarian or non-veg lunch option. (There is a volunteer RSVP link on the event’s website, but we ask that all AoB volunteers go through Matt. He’ll communicate your information directly to event organizers. Thanks!)
- Bonus Points: Volunteers will receive lunch, libations, and AoB swag–not to mention warm fuzzies and new friends. And bring your bike along for a refreshing road ride before or after your shift!